We have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Scottsdale. Whether it’s through our own business practices or creating energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on each climate. The three below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Visit your Scottsdale Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass styles or our recommended glass for the Scottsdale region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between our glass panes to give increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room when it’s cold; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Scottsdale Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.