Winter weather is just around the corner in Scottsdale and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial in every season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors offer during Scottsdale winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Scottsdale team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Scottsdale.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Scottsdale a call at 480-296-2022 or stop by our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.