Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a great way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your household. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget to consider the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 480-296-2022, stop by our Scottsdale showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.