Fall is just around the corner in Scottsdale, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the feel of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a large impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are a variety of ways to produce levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Scottsdale a call at 480-296-2022 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!